top of page

Château La Conseillante, Pomerol

The vineyard of Château La Conseillante is situated in predominantly clay soil and is made up of 80% Merlot, the remaining 20% is Cabernet Franc, planted in gravel soils. An average age of the vines of around 30 years is carefully maintained.


No herbicides are used and the vineyard is ploughed four times during the growth cycle.

Yields are maintained at around 40 hectolitres per hectare.


In 2012 the estate has built a new vat cellar which enables a separate vinification of each of the 18 vineyard's plots that cover 12 hectares.


La Conseillante ages its wines for about 18 months, in barrels, 50 to 80% of which are new, depending on the vintage.


In 2007, Château La Conseillante launched its Second Wine “Duo de Conseillante” made with fruit from younger vines.


The name "la Conseillante" appeared in the middle of the 18th century, when the influential Catherine Conseillan, who owned the property, decided to endow the estate with her name.


La Conseillante, was acquired in 1871 by the Nicolas family who still owns the estate today (5th generation). The whole surface area (12 hectares) and plots have not evolved since.

Photos courtesy of Château La Conseillante

La Conseillante vue du ciel.jpg

Château La Conseillante has Pétrus and Château Cheval Blanc as neighbours.

Panorama bas cuvier La Conseillante.jpg

Since 2012, the new vat cellar enables to do individual, tailor-made vinifications of the 18 vineyard plots that cover the estate's 12 hectares.

Chai LC crédit photo Anaka.jpg

Photo Credit: Anaka

Chai LC crédit photo Anaka 3.jpg

Photo Credit: Anaka

Chai LC crédit photo Anaka 2.jpg

Photo Credit: Anaka


For more information please visit: 

Wine Gallery visits Château La Conseillante, April 2019 and November 2017  (Official Website)

bottom of page