Clos de Tart, Morey-Saint-Denis, Grand Cru Monopole
Clos de Tart is one of the 5 Grands Crus of Morey-Saint-Denis. It is located between Bonne Mares and Clos des Lambrays, which are two other Grand Crus. The walled vineyard surface is 7.53 hectares. The wall, restored in 2006, totals 1.2km in length.
Recently, Alessandro Noli, who replaces Jacques Devauges who left and has joined Domaine des Lambrays, has converted the entire vineyard to biodynamic viticulture. Alessandro Noli was previously the Estate Manager of Château Grillet.
The Domaine produces 3 different wines:
Clos de Tart Grand Cru Monopole made with vines of around 60 years old
La Forge de Tart Premier Cru made with vines of around 20 years old
Morey-Saint-Denis made since 2018 as a Village wine
The Pinault Family owns Clos de Tart via their holding company, Artémis Domaines, since April 2018. This holding also includes Château Latour, Château Grillet, Domaine d’Eugénie, Eisele Estate in the Napa Valley and some other wine estates in Bordeaux.
In its 900 years history, Clos de Tart has had only 4 owners. The 3 previous ones were:
The Cistercian nuns of Tart Abbey from 1141 to 1791
The Marey-Monge Family from 1791 to 1932
The Mommessin Family from 1932 to 2018
Photos courtesy of Clos de Tart